Diver performance on technical dives can often be enhanced by substituting helium for all or part of the nitrogen in the breathing gas mixture. Reducing the amount of nitrogen will lessen the effects of nitrogen
narcosis. Divers can perform more complex tasks at depth, better respond to emergencies, and function more eff ectively in challenging environmental conditions
This program will qualify you to dive to 60 meters, and in addition to the gas utilized in ADP, you will now use trimix with a minimum content of 18%. The dive planning process is similar to Advanced Decompression Procedures, however, it will be necessary to create dive profiles based on a three gas blend. The gasses that you breathe during training will have a minimum oxygen content of 18% and the helium mix will be to a maximum equivalent narcotic depth of 35 meters. You will be able, based on your ability and comfort level, to plan and execute dives as deep as 60 msw.
- SSI Science of Diving, Deep, Nitrox and Diver Stress & Rescue certifications or equivalents
- SSI Advanced Open Water Diver or equivalent
- Certification in SSI Extended Range
- Must have at least 75 logged dives including at least 20 dives deeper than 30 msw and at least 10 dives requiring staged decompression stops with at least 1 gas switch.
- In SSI TXR Cave Diving
- In SSI TXR Technical Wreck Diving or equivalent.
The Course includes all the elements required for completion: a copy of the SSI TXR Technical Extended Range Manual to use during the entire session of the course, internationally recognized SSI TXR Normoxic Trimix Tech Certification card, full equipment hire, high quality instruction from a highly qualified experienced instructors, tea, coffee, water, light refreshments and free access to wifi internet connection.
- 1 Pool Session for 2 hours
- 6 Open Water Dives (4 Core dives)
- 1 Classroom Session for 3 Hours
- To take this course you must be at least 18 years old or older
- 4 Days
- This course can be started any day